About this product Product Information So often we use words or phrases that, while we know what they mean, we don't know how they came into being. The story behind the word is often surprising and always interesting. People's fascination with language has never been greater as proven by the response to the best-selling Eats, Shoots, and Leaves.
This retitled, repackaged, updated and slightly revised favorite will please that growing market. This new edition features a new design, inside and out, and timely updating of the most interesting words and phrases in Why You Say It and What's In a Word.
The entries are short enough for casual perusal and complete enough to give the whole story of where these words and phrases originated. Additional Product Features Number of Volumes. Show More Show Less. Any Condition Any Condition. No ratings or reviews yet.
MDS: | LibraryThing
Be the first to write a review. Best Selling in Nonfiction See all.
- Music in Words.
- One Night on TV Is Worth Weeks at the Paramount: Popular Music on Early Television (Console-ing passions: television and cultural power)!
- Liability of Asset Managers.
Save on Nonfiction Trending price is based on prices over last 90 days. Open Borders Inc.
- Calculation of Net Income using Cost Method and Equity Method.
- Wedding Ideas Favors?
- Dictionaries eBooks (Page 58) - verbcetpote.ml.
- Casual Lex by Webb Garrison - Book - Read Online?
You may also like. Debra Webb Paperback Books.
Casual Lex - An Informal Assemblage of Why We Say What We Say by Webb